Thursday, August 23, 2012

First Day Ever


We had an exciting first day of kindergarten. We were busy! I think we were all a little nervous for the first day...even the teacher...but the day was a great success. We started the day getting to know each other. We sang a song called "Hickety Tickety Bumble Bee." Then, we made a book using the song. The book has each kindergartners name in it and their fabulous illustrations. We also read a book called Kindergarten Rocks!


 I'm sure you heard, we had three recesses. One recess is in the morning, one at lunch, and a last in the afternoon. The kids had many opportunities to play and make new friends. Later in the afternoon, we read the wonderful book The Little Engine that Could. We discussed how an "I can" attitude will help us in kindergarten. We made an "I can" train out of shapes. The children did an excellent job following directions. I hope they showed you their train and letter in their backpack. Since our train was made of shapes, we also used the ipads to play the app Jr. Bingo. With this app, the kids have to identify shapes to try and make a bingo. It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment