Thursday, August 23, 2012
Welcome and Introductions
Welcome to Kindergarten! My name is Mrs. Niemeyer and I am so thrilled to be your kindergarten teacher! It is going to be a fun year full of lots of learning and new adventures. I want to know ALL about you, but first I'm going to tell you a few things about me.
I was born and raised in Wyoming. I am from a family of teachers. My younger brother teaches 8th grade history. My mom is a literacy coordinator, a coach for teachers and my dad just retired after 49 years in education. I love them!
I went to college at the University of Nebraska- Lincoln. Go Huskers! I have a Master's Degree in Education with an emphasis in early reading. I have taught in Billings for 12 years. In those years, I have taught Kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, Reading Recovery, and I have been a Math Instructional Coach for teachers. I am so excited for my first year at Eagle Cliffs in kindergarten. What a special year of firsts!
I am married to a wonderful man, Travis. He is the principal at Newman Elementary. We have two amazing kids. My oldest, Layne, just started kindergarten this year. He is giving me an all new perspective on this special year. My daughter, Jensen, is a spunky two.
It will be a fabulous year of learning and growing. Again, I am so excited to get to know each and everyone of you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment