Our class is LOVING Pete the Cat books. Pete the Cat is a delightful, rocking cat that has a terrific attitude...It is all good. There are three stories about Pete the Cat: one about his favorite pair of shoes, one about school, and the newest one about his four groovy buttons. The kids love Pete's songs in each story. The first two books are available in the book orders coming home this week. The newest book is still in hardcover, I just saw it at Target this weekend. Click below each book picture to listen to the stories.
Pete the Cat, I Love My White Shoes
Pete the Cat, Rocking in My School Shoes
Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons
One of the activities we did with the books was this craft. We made our own Pete the Cats using some of the shapes we have been working on. During the project the students had to cut a circle and identify different sizes of rectangles, triangles, and squares. They also had to follow directions with the placement of the shapes. Each child picked a color for his or her shoes, then wrote "I" in the sentence "I love my ______ shoes." The kids worked very hard and did a great job!



No comments:
Post a Comment