One of our focus words this week was the word "I." Since we are still getting to know each other, we cut out giant "I"s. Then, we decorated the "I"s to tell the class more about us. On the "I" we put our favorite colors, something we can do, foods we like, and a little about our family. Then, the children got to share with each other. The giant "I"s came home last Wednesday in the take home envelopes.
We have been watching and learning an inspiring song called "What I Am." I love to hear the kids sing along and they have some great dance moves! Below is the video of this great song:
I typed up part of the song and we glued it to the back of the "I." Then, the students found all I's in the song and highlighted them. Just like the song says, we are becoming "stronger" readers and writers everyday!

No comments:
Post a Comment